AGBAMI YOUTH ORG.
Voluntary Workcamps Association of Ghana (AYO)P.O. Box 15795 Accra-North
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
AGBAMI YOUTH ORG. want to create a world free of poverty, civil unrest, child abuse and sexual harrassment and also build a future for the youth of Ghana and sub-sahara Africa. It works in the interest of youth and to provide education and hope for the poor.
The Voluntary Workcamps Association of Ghana (AYO) was founded in 1999. It is a nonpolitical, non-secretarian voluntary organization. Its membership is open to everyone over the age of sixteen, irrespective of nationality, religion, race, political view, or educational qualification. It has numerous partner organizations in Europe, North America, and Asia.
This workcamps are community-building projects in which a group of both Ghanaian and international volunteers come together to build a school, organize a HIV/AIDS awareness campaign, help replenish the local rainforest, or work on similar such projects. Volunteers live and learn together in simple conditions. They work voluntarily, mainly by manual labor, for the benefit of the community.
The aims of AYO are:
- To organize and run voluntary workcamps in Ghana, either independently or in collaboration with other voluntary organizations or government ministries.
- To gather together all those interested in voluntary workcamps either as active campers or as sympathizers.
- To help poor communities to do work which they would otherwise be unable to do themselves.
- To further intercultural and interracial understanding by inviting people from abroad to workcamps in Ghana and by sponsoring Ghanaians to go to workcamps abroad.
For other net participants we can offer local contacts and further information about our work.